A Maxi dress is known for having a retro/hippie reputation, so to offset that , try pairing it with a crisp blazer , classic belt (possibly leather) and a very simple purse. Stay away from frilly sandals and make sure your accessories are a neutral color. Eliminate any dangly earrings or arm-candy.
Here are some great examples!
Great tips! I love that yellow belt on the first one.
ReplyDeletexo
girlintheyellowdress.com
thanks caroline!
DeleteGorgeous! That last one is a fantastic outfit!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your message on IFB. I'm following now, I hope you do the same.
Love from South Africa
http://arumlilea.blogspot.com
no problem! and yes im following your blog . your pictures are awesome!
DeleteThese are all fun looks! I particularly love the last two. :)
ReplyDeletexo
Tiffy
www.CuteLA.com
thanks tiffy , you have a very cute blog , im now following with gfc
DeleteThis is such a great post! The last outfit is a pure perfection!
ReplyDeleteKisses, Lucy :)
stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.cz
thanks lucie! i love your blog! im following with gfc
DeleteThe last one is really fabulous! I like maxi dresses also with leather jackets.:)
ReplyDeletethanks! , yeah they also look great with denim jackets too! I practically lived in my maxi's and denim last summer
DeleteFollowing your lovely blog.
ReplyDeletehttp://inspirationsandcelebrations.net
thanks chrisitina! im following back ;-)
DeleteGreat inspiration post! Love how well all these outfits work :)
ReplyDeleteMaya
thanks maya!
DeleteI love the last one - the look is so classic and pretty!
ReplyDeletethank you!
Delete